Sweta H. Patel
Sweta is a Partner at Klein, Hockel, Iezza & Patel PC who focuses her practice on labor and employment and pharmacy law. Sweta also represents businesses in a variety of general commercial litigation matters, including lease disputes and breach of contract claims.
Sweta has extensive experience representing management in all types of labor and employment claims from inception to resolution before California state courts, Federal courts and Arbitrators.
Sweta handles both single plaintiff and class action employment law suits on issues such as discrimination, harassment, breach of contract, and wage and hour disputes. She often provides advice to employers concerning compliance with state and federal laws, and works closely with management to develop policies and procedures that are in compliance with the law and further business objectives. Sweta also represents employers in pre-litigation administrative charges before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, as well as before similar administrative agencies throughout the country.
Sweta has extensive experience in representing pharmacies and pharmacists before the California Board of Pharmacy and Office of Administrative Hearings. Sweta’s knowledge of pharmacy law and the various parties involved in the billing and dispensing process, coupled with her litigation background, has allowed her to successfully and efficiently resolve pharmacy related contract disputes.
- University of California at Berkeley, B.A. in Economics and Minor in Philosophy, 2002
- Santa Clara University School of Law, 2006, Dean’s List
- Admitted to practice law before all state and federal courts in California, December 2006.
- Admitted pro hac vice in Connecticut.
- Obtained an extremely favorable ruling on behalf of a pharmacist after the Board of Pharmacy’s tried to revoke the pharmacist’s license to practice.
- Won Summary Adjudication on behalf of a KHK client in a breach of contract case and forced a favorable resolution of the case.
- Won Summary Judgment on behalf of a KHK client on several employment related claims in Dabson v. Penske.
- Won Summary Judgment following an Appeal on behalf of a national pharmacy in a failure to warn case.
- Board Member, San Francisco Mother Attorneys Mentoring Association
- Queen’s Bench Bar Association
- American Society for Pharmacy Law
- The American Society for Pharmacy Law’s 2016 Developments in Pharmacy Law Seminar – Overview of PBM Regulations, Legislation and Litigation: Ways to Improve PBM-Pharmacy Relationship
Hobbies and Interests
- Spending time with family and friends over delicious food.
- Cheering on the SF Giants, baking and creating Shutterfly photobooks.