On December 21, 2016, Judge Judith Ryan, Ret., a JAMS Arbitrator, granted Summary Judgment for KHIP’s client, a Silicon Valley startup. The Claimant initially filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles County Superior Court, but the matter was compelled to Arbitration following Respondent’s motion. The Claimant, a former executive of Respondent’s technology company, claimed: (1) breach of contract; (2) breach of duty of good faith and fair dealing; (3) fraud; (4) promissory estoppel; (5) wrongful termination; (6) unjust enrichment; (7) unfair competition; and (8) negligent misrepresentation. In response to KHIP’s Motion for Summary Judgment, Claimant voluntarily dismissed his fraud and unjust enrichment claims. As to the remaining six causes of action, the Arbitrator held that there were no triable issues of material fact and Respondent was entitled to an award as a matter of law.
- Compliance with the Drug Supply Chain Security Act
- Natalia Mazina in the news
- DOL Withdraws Guidance Letters Leaving Employers To Pick Up The Pieces
- ABA Health Law Conference
- Victory In Pharmacy Benefit Management Litigation!
- California Supreme Court Invalidates Arbitration Clauses Which Preclude Public Injunctive Relief
- Check Out Our Pharmacy & Healthcare Blog
- KHI&P client prevails in Anti-SLAPP appeal